Green Monster Smoothie
Whew! Sorry it's been a while ya'll!! I've been enjoying having my DH home from his mini-deployment and getting ready for baby's arrival next month ;) Anyhoo, onward to today's post!
Just in time for St. Patty's Day, here's a fabulous "green" healthy drink :) A good mix of sweet and tart, chock full of nutrients! Don't just a book by its cover- looks a bit crazy, but give it a try and you'll find it's quite scrumptious!
Makes: a little over 2 cups of juice
.: ingredients :.
- 3 carrots
- 1 large apple (or 2 small apples)
- 2 cups of fresh kale
- small piece of fresh ginger (about 1" square)
- 1 c. cranberry juice
.: directions :.
1) Add cranberry juice, kale, and carrots to the blender and mix into a pulp.
2) Cut up ginger and apple into small slices. Add to blender and blend into a pulp.
3) It'll be a very thick drink, but not quite so thick you'd need a spoon ;)
*Note:: you could also do this recipe using a juicer- you just won't get quite all the nutritional value since you're losing a lot of the fibrous bits.
**Note:: you could pretty much use most any fruits & veggies in this recipe! After much testing, I recommend keeping the carrot/apple base and changing up the other ingredients :)
Just some of the nutritional value....
Vitamin A - 260+% DV (Daily Value)
Vitamin C - 170% DV
Vitamin K - 510% DV
Magnesium - 80% DV
Zinc - 50+%