21 February 2015
GF Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
So it being a rainy, blah type day here, we figured some homemade cookies were in order! They go great with a cup of tea, curled up under a blanket with a good book :) This recipe is GF as long as you use ingredients that assure no contamination (ie. GF oat flour, etc.), but all ingredients should be naturally gluten free!
1.5 tsp xantham gum
1 cup shredded coconut
10oz butter, room temperature
1.25 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
1/2 cup sugar
4 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp salt
1.75 cup + 2 TB oat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
3) Mix together sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt. Add in eggs and mix until well blended.
4) Whisk together flour and baking soda in a separate bowl. Add mixture to above wet ingredients and mix until blended.
5) Stir in, by hand, coconut and chocolate chips.
6) Scoop ~2 TB of dough onto cookie sheet, 6 cookies per sheet fit nicely!
7) Bake 18-20 mins.
8) Let cool ~5 mins then transfer to cooling rack.