17 December 2010

Advent calendar




This is the Advent calendar I actually made last year. I filled each container with M&Ms and mailed it to my DH who was deployed in Iraq at the time. We still have yet to determine if it made it home or not with him, so it wasn't used for this year, but I wanted to share it anyways because I really really love how it turned out! :)


Christmas is such a special time isn't it? The birth of our Saviour Lord Jesus! Really, what better and more joyous time of year is there?

The basic supplies were...
  • a styrafoam circle covered in fabric, adhered with hot glue
  • tiny tins by Wilton and run ~$20 for a bucket of 30 at Michaels. Again, the tins were also attached with hot glue!
  • I used my nestabilities to cut out the circles adhered to the inside of many of the tins' covers.
  • Most of the DP is from a DCWV stack from JoAnns
  • many of the stickers and rub-ons are from Michaels by K&Co and Pooch & Sweetheart {$1 bin}.
  • You can't see it well, but around the outside rim of the base runs a strip of dark green ribbon, I think from the clearance bin at Michaels. It helped cover up some of the fabric puckering around the edge!







.: linking up at :.
The DIY Show Off
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello
Show & Tell Saturdays @ be different act normal

5 comments:

Cidinha said...

That's so cute. Adorable! I love this idea! Great job.

hugs
Cidinha

Shannon said...

What a fun calendar! So much better than the stale chocolate ones my brother and I would fight over as kids! :)

Ami Allison said...

OH!!! This is the sweetest Avent Calender I have seen!!! I would LOVE to make this for my Alie. It would be cute to put lil notes of things to do for the day in the tins as well! Thanks for sharing! :)

http://alililly.blogspot.com

Jana said...

Love it.

Come enter for a free paper bead necklace from Heart Strings for Orphans!

http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2010/12/gifts-that-give-back-heart-strings.html

Dacia said...

Visiting from be diff act normal. This is such a cute idea!