16 December 2010

Simple Frugal Sports Gift

My mom is a HUGE Yankees fan- seasons tickets, all the paraphernalia, the whole bit. So when I found these great vintage stamps on eBay, I knew I had to make something with them for her! So this is a great gift that you could easily customize for many sports, teams, or causes- the Post Office seems to have a few special stamps each month, and you can find vintage ones at a variety of places.

This is quick, frugal, and totally DIY! So I started with the stamps which were ~$1 each. I got this frame on sale for $5. Then I just added some scrapbooking paper and ribbon in Yankees colors, and bam! Instant sports memorabilia gift for under $10! After I photographed it I put the glass back in the frame- I just didn't want any glare ;)
.: linking up at :.
Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings
Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts
Holly Bloggy Christmas Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Handmade Christmas @ Someday Crafts
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous

No comments: