28 February 2010

a spring tea

so this is my first take on a tablescape! I just picked up a bunch of new jars and glasses at Goodwill, saw {THIS} contest over on Maddycakes Muse and decided it would be a fun way to try out my new wares :D Figured I'd join in on the fun whilst I was at it ;)

So I went for the theme of a high tea. Being Irish, and Saint Patrick's Day is fast approaching, and well since DH and I have a lush supply of tea, I thought it would be fun to do a tea time! Not to mention I had just made some maple buckwheat scones, which made the perfect centerpiece! I was originally going to add in some flowers or namecards or something, but decided instead to keep it simple, just a few white candles, so that the focus was rather on the tea and yummy scones! I also went with spring colors- using the light spring green table covering, which plays well with our green ladderback chairs and pairing with natural, neutral tans and browns. Unfortunately we live in an apartment {hazard of Army life}, so we only have one table and one room to play with, so you get some of the wall hangings and maroon curtains in the photos- not to mention variable lighting at best, but we work with it! Enjoy :)






{above you'll find some white chocolate chips, cracker assortment, and dark chocolate wafers in the jar}
{below are some honey lemon sticks and a chest of Numi tea}

{above you will find a tray of sugars- your standard white granulated, turbinado, and natural cane sugar}
{below you will find an assortment of various teas- Stash, Celestial Seasonings, and Republic of Tea}




{above is the cream and sugar accompanied by a Numi flowering tea}
{below is our Nikko "Moonstone" china, which I l-o-v-e!}




Thank you SO much for joining me on my first journey in tablescaping {is that a word? well.. now it is!} and I do hope you'll come back soon as I begin this fun journey on my homemaking blog.
God bless- Shauna

1 comment:

Signing Out said...

Shauna, your tablescape is lovely! I love the serene colors and the thought you put into everything. I am sure you are a blessing to your neighbors!

Jane