13 June 2011

USA mini-banner

U-S-A! Hehe, being a military family, patriotic decor is up year-round. This particular piece I made for Memorial Day and will be staying up until 04 July... if not longer ;) Sorry for the delay in posting- I've been away for my baby bro's high school graduation!

It was super simple (and free! since I had all the materials already floating around left over from other projects) to create... find old frame, remove glass, cut fabric to fit in frame, cut mini banner, attach to twine, affix letter, and voila- instant decor! It's currently residing on our mantel (woohoo! our new home has a mantel! be assured there will be many a mantel decorations to come hehe!)... I'll post a pic of the entire mantel once it's completely dressed up for the season! I started decorating it for Memorial Day, and maybe by the 4th of July it'll actually be complete ;)

And don't forget...
June 15th, this Wednesday evening,
my Etsy shop is re-opening!
and a discount code posted on here
just for you, all my lovely blog readers :D
****************

:: Linking Up To ::
Party Button Catch a Glimpse Button Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party
Keeping It Simple

1 comment:

PaperVine said...

This is a lovely idea. I love the colours you have used. THanks for sharing :-)