Freebies, Shops, & Discounts
- Love At Home Education shop her economical resources
- Read Aloud Revival - THE reading resource that everyone should reference, FREE booklists, $15/month access to masterclasses, book clubs, family workshops, interviews with authors
- Learning Through Literature - free booklists, monthly poems, unit studies, and more economical resources
- Homeschool in the Woods - FREE (with code: KEEPINGBUSY) literary genre lapbook mini study
- Home in the Shire - new FREE nature poem each week
- Reading Eggs (and Reading Eggs Jr) - 4 week trial for FREE, teach your child to read
- Teach Outside the Box - amazing resources, FREEBIE library (with email subscription), and Lego Masters inspired Build A Story FREEBIE
- Usborne Books & More Play & Learn At Home - free website for Toddler-11yro with tons of links, tips, quizzes, crafts, virtual field trips, and resources for teaching at home
- The Habitat Schoolhouse - beautiful FREEBIES for the suddenly homeschooling parents
- Teach Your Monster to Read - from the founder of Usborne Books & More, download their reading app for $5. This app is what taught our oldest to read! They also have FREEBIES on their website.
- The Thinking Cat - adorable bee-themed reading tracker, click the link in her profile
Book-based Curriculums & Unit Studies
- Learning Through Literature - FREE (with email subscription) monthly poem, including poet bio, poetry vocab, and related works
- A Year of Tales - $45, a year long K-3 literature & nature focused curriculum based aroud Beatrux Potter's books, including character lessons, art study, recipes, vocab & spelling lists, Bible art study & copywork, poetry, fables, geography. A PreK version is also available.
- Passport to Adventures - $30, 30 unit studies following the Magic Tree House series books, features science, history, geography, book list, game list, movie nights, coloring, copy work, cursive
- Passport to More Adventures - $30, 28 unit studies following the Magic Tree House Merlin Mission series books, features science, history, geography, book list, game list, movie nights, coloring, copy work, cursive
- Waldock's Wizards and Wands - $40, year long study based on the Harry Potter Books featuring language arts, science, history, art, and music
- Poetry Tea Time - FREE site to create beautiful poetry-themed tea times! From theme idea lists to Poet bios to recipes and poetry suggestion lists, it's got it all, including a free Quick Start Guide to get you up and running
- Book Seeds by Blossom and Root, 30% off through end of April (with code: sprout30), mini literature-based nature units
- Storyline Online- huge collection of children's books read by celebrities with accompanying supplemental curriculum
- Story Time from Space Directory - collection of astronauts reading books!
- Josh Gad (aka. Olaf) book readings via Twitter (he's very vocal on current events, you may need to wait to invite the kiddos in once he's actually started the reading portion)
- Mac Barnett, the author, is reading books via Instagram
- Atlantic White Shark Conservancy - Facebook live streaming Shark Story Hour with follow up Q & A, week of March 16, every morning at 10am ET
- #OperationStoryTime - check out this hashtag on Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube to find tons of authors picking up their favorite books and reading them to your kiddos! Here's a list with some of the authors. I'm excited to watch Jan Brett!
- Virtual Book & Beast - Seneca Park Zoo is livestreaming a book reading and then meet a related animal ambassador! Each Wed at 11am ET
- @savewithstories - a huge array of celebrities in many disciplines reading favorite stories on Instagram